Tuesday 3 April 2007

Hello and Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I've set it up as a kind of diary to record my daughter Jessica's memorable moments, and hope it will enable me to share them with her family and friends. I'm also passionately interested in children's literature (and all literature) and would like this blog to act as a record of the books that Jess and I read together and what we both think of them. I feel strongly that writing for even the youngest children deserves to be taken seriously and argued and debated about in the same way that books for adults are, and this blog is my attempt to do that. Would be interested in any comments or recommendations that anyone has on the subject of children's books or even child-rearing in general. Please get in touch!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Val & Jessica.

This is a very good idea for a blog-spot. I look forward to seeing Jessica's continued reading adventures.

Nigel said...

Hi,

What a lovely idea I'm sure she will love to read this blog when she is old enough.
Am a bit long in the tooth to comment on modern children's books but have you considered any of AA Milne's books to read to Jessica?
They can appeal to the adult reading them too.
As for youself have you read any of Iain Banks' bookes? If not give them a try.