Wednesday 4 April 2007

Easter holidays

Hurrah, Easter is nearly here!

Jess and I are well supplied with books to see us through the holiday period. On the go we have:
Crazy Colours - a Dr Suess book
Spot Loves His Dad - Eric Hill
Chanting Rhymes - from the First Verses series by John Foster and Carol Thompson
Noisy Poems - collected by Jill Bennett
I Like Black and White - Barbara Jean Hicks and Lila Prap

Dave and I love reading the poems to Jess especially. I'm less sure about the likes of Spot (and Maisie and Poppy Cat). Whilst the pictures are bright and we enjoy talking about them with Jess, these kind of books get boring pretty quickly and they are not the kind of thing you can go back to again and again. Still , they all have their place and variety is the spice of life as they say...

I have been busy today cleaning the house in preparation for a visit from Jessicat's Granny and Grandad. All I need now are some Easter eggs to finish off!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just come to say hello! have fun with your reading, little Jess!

Val said...

Thanks Littlelapin, can't believe people are looking at our blog!

Anonymous said...

Hiya

Understand my neice is having her injections today, so good luck!
Hopefully she won't be too grumpy later on when her grandparents arrive :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Val (and Dave and Jessicat)! I'm glad you are reading my book, I Like Black and White. Aren't Lila's illustrations darling? Did you know there is a companion book, I Like Colours? I live in the U.S. (California), but my first three books were published in the U.K. before they were published here! I think it's great to have a blog dedicated to the books in Jess's life--books so influence who we are and what we become. What a great keepsake for her to someday look back to!

Cheers,
Barbara Jean Hicks