Monday 9 April 2007

Easter Updates

Well, Jessicat seemed to go through her immunisations without too much trouble. She has had a lovely first Easter and been thoroughly spoilt by her Granny and Grandad. She is the proud owner of 3 new "books for life" (ie tear and water resistant pages - great idea for rampaging babes!). We have been reading the first of these, Little Rabbit Waits for the Moon, by Beth Shoshan. Jess is a bit young for the story, but I like the fact that she can feel the pages and I don't have to worry about the book being destroyed.

Jessicat now owns her first CD as well: nursery rhymes set to music. Dave and I have already had fun playing this and doing the actions. She seems to love music already; hardly surprising I guess given Dave's background.

This blog also needs to feature Daddy's reading adventures. Dave's book of the moment is The Longest Crawl by Ian Marchant, and Dave will be posting his thoughts in the comment section of this blog.

Today Jessicat is off to see Nanny and Auntie Ali. Tomorrow we need to go to the library, as I am bored of reading the same books over and over to Jess!

A big shout out to Maddie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am also enjoying reading 'Little Rabbit Waits For The Moon' to Jess. It's easy to put intonation into the repetative nature of the story and Jess reacts to changes in tone of the voice.
I am into 'The Longest Crawl' and enjoying the historical and cultural references made in the book but wish the author didn't seem to think that referencing his own drug use in every chapter was cool. I get the point - you did and still do take drugs - now get back to the crawl. I'm not interested unless you drop something on the crawl and end up having an adventure out of it!
I have to say that I generally read fiction. Val wanted me to add my reading as our tastes are almost totally opposite (with a few notable exceptions).
I tend to read crime, horror, and fairly off-beat novels.
Oh yes - I'm in the 'grumpy old man' age range and therefore prone to the occasional soap-box moment!