Friday 1 June 2007

New month, new books...

To coin a phrase from The Fast Show, this week we have been mostly reading:

Debi Gliori's Nursery Rhymes - with CD. I love the old fashioned rhymes included in this anthology, and the little facts that accompany most of the rhymes. The illustrations are great as well. I tend not to bother with the CD, as Jess would rather hear my voice (strange child!)

Peepo - Janet and Allan Ahlberg. Jessicat's introduction to these classic children's writers! Sadly, at the moment, she is too young to notice all the carefully crafted details that go into each picture, but it is lovely for me to read to her, as it makes me think of my grandparents' house and the good times we shared when I was a baby. One to revisit when Jess is older, methinks.

Wobble Bear Says Yellow - Ian Whybrow and Caroline Jayne Church. I love this cheeky toddler bear!

Messy Dressy - Helen Stephens.

It's Heaven Having You - Giles Andreae and Vanessa Cabban. Lovely rhyme with touching sentiment.

Elmer's Hide and Seek - David McKee

Ladybird Baby Touch Peekaboo Book - Jessicat is still at the stage where she loves to touch everything and she is fascinated by the different textures here.

I am really enjoying having Dave at home this week as well. We are getting better and more organized at going out; Jess has been to Bath and Broadmead for the first time ever this week. Frustratingly, she can still only roll one way - I CAN'T WAIT TILL SHE CAN ROLL BOTH WAYS!!!

No comments: