Tuesday 15 May 2007

Progress update

Jessicat is cutting her first tooth: lower incisor! This might explain why she is hard to settle to sleep at the moment; I'm hoping this phase will pass quickly. Still not much progress with rolling from front to back. Strangely, all the books say that this should be easier for babies than rolling back to front. Hmmm...Jess clearly hasn't read the books! (Reminds me of how I used to read that newborns typically sleep for 16 hours plus a day. Yeah, right.)

Jess's favourite books this week are Emily Bolam's Peepo series. She actually anticipates the mirror ending, and begins giggling as soon as we reach the final page. Jessicat is really enjoying basic games of "boo" and "peepo" at the moment, so these books echo her interest, and luckily, we have been able to obtain the whole series from our library. When I give Jess her bottle, I am enjoying reading poems and nursery rhymes to her; it's funny how quickly you seem to memorise them.

On a serious note, like all parents, my heart and prayers go out to the parents of Madeleine McCann, let us hope for good news soon.

No comments: