Thursday 17 May 2007

6 months and still surviving....

Yesterday Jessicat was 6 months old! Weirdly, she not only seems to be surviving my care, but actually thriving! Don't know if I could say the same for me and Dave though. Yesterday, Jess and I attended our first ever library storytime, and made a paper crocodile. I'm so pleased that we can attend events like this now with Jessicat and that she actually enjoys them. Today we are getting ready for Joan and Bernard's visit.

My reading adventures: What Mother's Do by Naomi Stadlen, and How to be Right by James Delinpole.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya all,
Just a quick hello; glad to see all is well.
I can’t speak for the parents, but those 6 months seem to have flown by! I can remember when you first bought Jessicat home! I have a lovely photo of Jessicat on my desk that you gave me, and she has been admired by loads of my colleagues :-)
I have just finished reading 'Snow Flower and the Secret Fan'. It was based in era of Chinese history when feet binding was common practice for woman, and they lived a subservient life of almost total seclusion. However, they found a way of humanizing their existence through a secret code of writing.
It was a very enjoyable, albeit haunting, and sometimes painful, read.
right, better get back to work!

Val said...

Hi Ali, glad you are enjoying the photos. Interesting to hear about your reading adventures as well, please come again soon.