Tuesday 8 May 2007

Enjoying our books...

We had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend. Jessicat is now the proud owner of a luminous pink stroller, which means more freedom to get around in the car, as it fits easily into the boot. We also bought her some blocks with letters and pictures on them. I would like to report that this led to an instructive and educational afternoon for Jessicat, but alas, Dave and I were mildly drunk and used them instead to see what swear words we could make. It's not big and it's not clever....

All three of us have spent lots of time reading. My latest book is The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory, who is one of my favourite writers, and with whom I must credit any knowledge at all I can claim about Tudor history. Dave is well into his Harlan Coben. As for Jess's books, well, she is continuing to love her textured board books, and we have ordered a load more by Emily Bolam and Helen Stephens to satisfy her obsessi0n. My love affair with the latest Divine Comedy and Amy Winehouse albums also continues apace; what a culture vulture I am!?!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so much easier to get Jess around in the stroller and she is happier facing forward! The last couple of nights have been a little disturbed as Jess has got yet another cold. It now appears that Val is coming down with it too. It's like cold tennis in our house at present!
I finished my Harlan Coben book 'Promise Me' very quickly. He writes in such an easy to read style and really knows how to pace a thriller. Very enjoyable.
I understand that Val has got more books from the library for Jess today. I can't wait to see if there are any gems amongst them!

While Val was listening to Divine Comedy and Amy Winehouse I was listening to Hatfield & The North and King Crimson. Talk about typical female and male tastes! I have to say that I enjoy The Divine Comedy too.

I'm looking forward to the weekend as Val and I have an opportunity for a couple of hours out so are thinking of having a nosh and a glass of wine somewhere....who says romance dies when you have kids?