Friday 3 August 2007

We love Rod Campbell!

My Presents is Jessicat's favourite book of the moment; nothing else comes near. She gets excited as I pause before lifting the flap to reveal the toy, and heavy handedly attempts to open them herself. Fortunately, they are made of cardboard, so able to withstand Jess's loving ministrations.

Other books currently on the go include:

Sing Along with Spot - Eric Hill
Mr Bear Says I love You - Debi Gliori (so far, Jessicat is not the biggest fan of the Mr Bear series, but both of us loved the compilation of nursery rhymes illustrated by Ms Gliori)
Feely Bugs - David A Carter. Great textures!
That's Not My Kitten - F Watt
Spot's Playbook - Eric Hill. We have been lucky enough to find a brand new copy of this in the Central library. I love the sensual pleasure to be gained from handling and smelling new books (is that weird?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A busy week, what with showers leaking, car accidents (no damage thankfully), mortgages and gardening taking up alot of time out of work.

Jessicat continues to consolidate what she has learnt recently. Her babbling and moving around are coming on quickly although she is not crawling yet (I have been advised that not crawling could be a blessed relief!). She also loves rattling things (pasta in various plastic recepticles!) and attempting to get into the kitchen drawers when in her walker

On the reading front I think Jess is particularly enjowing the feely-bugs book. She is more into textures now. She continues to turn pages and can point out things on the page (such as the mouse in the 'That's Not My.... books).

As for my own reading, I have nearly finished 'Dark Hollow' by John Connolly - an excellent read. I had a brief hiatus to read 'The World According to Karl Pilkington' which was a very entertaining, if throwaway, read.

I am looking forward to the weekend. We are celebrating Sarah's birthday with an adult trip out to an Italian restaurant. A glass of wine, a nice nosh and good company should make it a good night. Sarah, John and Sean are like our extended family.
On Sunday it's just the 3 of us!