Sunday 22 July 2007

Some summer reading.

Our new books for this week are:

My Presents - Rod Campbell. Similar format to Dear Zoo and one that Jessicat already seems to appreciate.

Come Here, Cleo! - Caroline Mockford. Our first encounter with Cleo, from the Barefoot Books stable. I like her, and will look out more books from this series.

One Gorgeous Baby - Martine Oborne. A counting book, with a sweet message. Have only read this to Jess once so far, so a bit early to gauge her reaction yet.

Boo Barney - Alex Ayliffe. The final page features Boo giving his teddy a goodnight kiss, and I can make Jessicat smile by giving her a resounding "mwah" on her cheek at this point!


My own reading - I have just started Engleby by Sebastian Faulks. It's much funnier than I expected it to be - but I have a feeling it is going to get nasty. Just why is he ashamed to think about his little sister? I'm only a couple of chapters in, and I'm already hooked. After a nice drink at Bocabar yesterday (what a civilised place, and I recommend the patatas bravas), Dave and I watched The Night of the Demon on DVD. I love the elegance and formality of these 1950s film, but I was a bit distracted by the rather obviously fake wild cat. Great to watch another film; in fact, a pretty nice day all round.

No comments: