Friday 23 November 2007

Some of Mum's reading as well

Some of the books Jessicat and I are enjoying together at the moment include:

Mr Bear Says Let's Go Outside - Debi Gliori. Another one from the series we both love. Jess enjoys looking at the last illustration of Mr Bear in front of the fire, and pointing to our fire (sadly not a pine-scented log affair).

Follow the Fish - Mandy Ross.

Dear Santa - Rod Campbell. Well, it's nearly December!

"Where's the Cat?" Stella Blackstone. Jessicat loves this book so much that I am considering ordering some from the Barefoot Books range for her Christmas stocking.

Ghost - Luke Depondt.


I have an admission to make. At the moment, I am reading Philip Pullman's Northern Lights. I can't believe I left it so long, and can only plead that pregnancy and the rigours of motherhood kept me too busy to read much. This is one of the best books I have read, ever. I am genuinely frightened of Mrs Coulter and cannot believe that I am so absorbed and gripped by a fantasy novel - normally a genre I avoid. I am savouring the novel, allowing myself a chapter a night. It is like a fine wine to be sipped I think, rather than a drink to be gulped back. I wonder if Jessicat will ever want to read it?

No comments: