Thursday 13 September 2007

A frustrating period

Jessicat is frustrated and a bit miserable at the moment. A lot of this seems to be down to her inability to crawl; she will not give up, and so we see the bum go up in the air, followed quickly by "WAAAAH" as she doesn't get anywhere. Jess also seems to be teething, or has a little bug of some sorts; either way, she is most definitely not her usual sunny self at the moment.

I took her to the baby clinic this morning for a general check up. Jessicat weighs 23 lbs, which I am told is perfect for her height. The health visitor advised me that now is the time to be thinking of giving up the bottles in favour of beakers, so as of today, Jess is down to 2 bottles a day plus one beaker of milk. Another challenge for my frustrated little daughter!

With so many changes and so much learning on the horizon, it's good that we are sticking to some old favourites where books are concerned. Yesterday, Dave and I were reading to Jessicat for over 30 minutes; she was whingey and tired all day, and this seemed to be the one activity that calmed and satisfied her for any length of time. Takes me back to the bad old days of colic and my trusty mantra of the time: this too shall pass.

No comments: